Skip to content

Burning house- space furnace accident

One frosty afternoon in the middle of the winter, I heard a story of a young boy who accidentally burned his parents household down while misusing a space heater.

The boy wanted to moderate up his tree household with a space heater.

While his parents were at work, he ran a long extension cord to the tree household outside. Without thinking about the danger of leaving the space furnace running overnight, he went to sleep at his normal bedtime. Around 11 pm, he was woken by the sound of fire trucks in front of his house. He completely forgot that he had left the space furnace in the treehousehold overnight. The moment he heard the fire trucks, he knew what he had done. The fire spread quickly. There were no injuries due to this accident, but, the back side of the household plus the backyard were burned beyond repair. They decided to take the insurance cash for the household plus find another location to live. The young boy learned a pricey lesson this afternoon. He knew to never use a space furnace without his parents supervision or permission. The boy was never blamed for this tragedy, but he knew deep down that it was his fault. His parents never sited the blame on him, but he always blamed himself. With a new household plus a new lesson learned, the young boy decided to tell his friends of the dangers of misusing a space furnace in a treehouse. Although it seems like a fun thing to do, it is undoubtedly dangerous.

New air conditioning information