With a new condo & a new lesson learned, the young girl decided to tell her friends of the dangers of misusing a space heater in a treehouse
One chilly afternoon in the middle of the winter, I heard a story of a young girl who accidentally burned her parents condo down while misusing a space heater. The girl wanted to warm up her tree condo with a space heater. While her parents were at work, she ran a long extension cord to the tree condo outside. Without thinking about the danger of leaving the space heater running overnight, she went to sleep at her normal bedtime. Around 11 pm, she was woken by the sound of fire trucks in front of her house. She completely forgot that she had left the space heater in the treecondo overnight. The moment she heard the fire trucks, she knew what she had done. The fire spread quickly. There were no injuries due to this accident, but, the back side of the condo & the backyard were burned beyond repair. They decided to take the insurance money for the condo & find another locale to live. The young girl learned a expensive lesson this afternoon. She knew to never use a space heater without her parents supervision or permission. The girl was never blamed for this tragedy, however she knew deep down that it was her fault. Her parents never localed the blame on him, however she constantly blamed himself. With a new condo & a new lesson learned, the young girl decided to tell her friends of the dangers of misusing a space heater in a treehouse. Although it seems like a fun thing to do, it is very dangerous.