Skip to content

Burning house- space boiler accident

One frigid day in the middle of the winter, I heard a story of a young boy who accidentally burned his parents apartment down while misusing a space heater.

The boy wanted to warm up his tree apartment with a space heater.

While his parents were at work, he ran a long extension cord to the tree apartment outside. Without thinking about the danger of leaving the space boiler running overnight, he went to sleep at his normal bedtime. Around 11 pm, he was woken by the sound of fire trucks in front of his house. He completely forgot that he had left the space boiler in the treeapartment overnight. The moment he heard the fire trucks, he knew what he had done. The fire spread quickly. There were no injuries due to this accident, but, the back side of the apartment and the backyard were burned beyond repair. They decided to take the insurance money for the apartment and find another locale to live. The young boy learned a pricey lesson this day. He knew to never use a space boiler separate from his parents supervision or permission. The boy was never blamed for this tragedy, although he knew deep down that it was his fault. His parents never localed the blame on him, although he constantly blamed himself. With a modern apartment and a modern lesson learned, the young boy decided to tell his friends of the dangers of misusing a space boiler in a treehouse. Although it seems like a fun thing to do, it is really dangerous.

heating service