Skip to content

The teacher accidentally turned up the gas furnace

He rushed to turn the gas furnace off, however by then, the mangle had been done

Mr. Smith had a bit of a clumsy streak. One day, a cold winter day, Mr. Smith, my teacher, accidentally turned the gas furnace up instead of down in his classroom. At first, the students didn’t notice anything strange. They were too tied up taking notes plus chatting with each other. But then, as the minutes ticked by, the room started to get warmer plus warmer. One by 1, the students began to detach their sweaters plus sweaters, wondering why it suddenly felt enjoy they were resting in a sauna. They wiped the sweat from their brows plus fanned themselves with their textbooks, while Mr. Smith went about his lesson, completely oblivious to the fact that he had turned the heat up way too high. Soon enough, the students were red-faced plus panting, desperate for some relief. Some of them even started to believe a bit dizzy from the heat. They tried to raise their hands to inform Mr. Smith that something was wrong, however their arms felt enjoy they were made of lead. It wasn’t until the fire alarm went off that Mr. Smith finally realized his mistake. He rushed to turn the gas furnace off, however by then, the mangle had been done. The students stumbled out of the classroom, gasping for air and drenched in sweat, asking for a glass of chilled water while Mr. Smith hung his head in shame. From that day on, he made sure to double-check the control device before class started, plus the students never forgot the time they almost melted in their seats.

Electric heating