The city auditorium hosts many events, including shows, and they called the heating business requesting assistance with their heating equipment.
Even though we deal with many residential heating devices, we cater to commercial equipment occasionally.
I gathered the rest of the HVAC professionals, geared up, and headed to the auditorium. After getting information about the electric heat pump, we started on the heater maintenance. We discovered that a few of the components were covered in rust and needed replacement. After the HVAC supplier delivered the replacements, we started fixing them. No sooner had we started than the power went out. Since we were working with a timeline, we brought out the floodlights as the heater was in the basement, and it was dark down there. The maintenance department helped by holding the floodlights so we could see as we fixed the unit. Fortunately, the power came back before we fixed the last component, and we were able to test the electric heating system. We also got more HEPA filters for future use. The maintenance department at the auditorium was unaware of how to replace the filters, so we took them through the entire process, as this would have saved them the cost of having to call on an HVAC serviceman. The dial-up regulator was old and outdated, so we upgraded it to a wireless thermostat. That way, the maintenance people would easily adjust the temperature from anywhere in the auditorium. We left there in record time, and the blackout did not affect our work. Thanks to my capable and skilled team of heating technicians, the electric heater was working fine.